[Oberon] An attempt at an Oberon family tree

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 20:46:31 CEST 2020

On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 at 01:23, Hans Klaver <hklaver at dds.nl> wrote:

> Hi Liam,
>
> Suggestions for an Oberon language genealogy can be found here:

Thank you!

Yes, I did consult some of these.

> https://web.archive.org/web/20191207132227/http://www.ethoberon.ethz.ch/genealogy.html

Authoritative, but almost totally unreadable to me. :-(

I wonder if other sources (e.g. Wikipedia) have confused "Action
Oberon" with "Active Oberon"?

> https://oberoncore.ru/wiki/lang/start (open in Google Chrome for translation)

Interesting, legible, but very simple. Does not add much, AFAICS.

> https://people.inf.ethz.ch/wirth/projects.html

As authoritative as it is possible to be, but really does not address
the descendants of Oberon, no?

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com