[Oberon] An attempt at an Oberon family tree

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Fri Oct 9 22:17:07 CEST 2020

I would have included both of them, or ALGOL-W at least. Pascal didn't just spring up out of nowhere.

"... Wirth developped (sic) the language Pascal in Zurich. The basis was Algol-W ..."

https://people.inf.ethz.ch/wirth/projects.html

There is no need to include all the descendants of an ancestor if you are tracing the origins of an offspring.

I could be wrong but I have always thought that ALGOL-W was an abbreviation for ALGOL-WIRTH.

Regards,
Chris Burrows
CFB Software
https://www.astrobe.com