[Oberon] oberon online

Ivan Denisov d.ivan.krsk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 02:43:51 CET 2020

The Oberon sources in online IDE is translating to JavaScript and
executing directly in the client browser.

JavaScript it self does not TRAP if indexes are out of array size... So
if we want safety common for all Oberon runtime realizations, we need to
use way  of manual check. Or to find some mechanism in JavaScript to
catch this error another way to generate TRAP. So Vlad is searching for
this. He found some __noSuchMethod__ feature
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2266789/is-there-an-equivalent-of-the-nosuchmethod-feature-for-properties-or-a-way
Maybe it will help to make better realization.

However I am also happy with existing realization. It opens new
abilities for Oberon in Online education.

- Ivan