[Oberon] UEFI

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 06:33:43 CET 2020

Nemo Nusquam wrote:-
>It would even be better if every UEFI just came with a built-in UEFI
>shell selectable from the boot menu, but it would probably scare too
>many users or make them brick their machine, so I understand that this
>won't happen.
---
My problematic/el-cheapo: $US190 [connex L1470 14inch laptop; 4-core
Atom] NOW shows 3 boot selections:
 windows Boot Manager
 UFI: Buily-in EFI Shell
 Enter Setup
That's after <power on> & F7.
I had previously done <Setup>, which normal/non-tech users would/could
NOT do. Re. EFI shell: do we want to learn *ANOTHER* language to
support M$hit's abusive monopoly ?  It looks like:---
 Shell>  ...
I can't find my TutorialNotes <to `less` their help menu>.
At least they are following unix and have stopped their BABY-TALK of
calling directories "folders".

> I miss the days of OBF.
Correct: so saying we can just make a choice, and "there's no problem",
is simplistically wrong.

BTW, since WiFi is a welcome tech-advance: where do ANY of our oberon
systems manage that?

==CRG.