[Oberon] [EXT] Re: FPGA - Voltage Convertor

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Fri Nov 27 19:56:56 CET 2020

I thought that the "convertor" means "converter", which means power supply. Sorry for that.

The official name for signal level translators is "translator" or "level translator".

Be careful with those. Recently I used TXS0104 which is similar to the TXB0108. It worked with one particular circuit, and it did not work with another similar circuit which looked almost the same. We never understood the difference between the two use cases. It just refused to work in one case, though it did work in a seemingly identical other case. No amount of investigation yielded any clue. We ended up with some workarounds to avoid using it altogether.

Thanks,
Wojtek