[Oberon] [EXT] Re: Project Oberon on Arty A7

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Wed Dec 9 19:54:25 CET 2020

Chris:

> Note that Cmod A7 has such a chip on board. So you can look at developing the memory controller for it using Cmod A7. It is still ASRAM, which you need to access four times to deal with 32 bits.

After I sent this e-mail, it occurred to me that after you managed to run the full Oberon in 0.5 MB, the Cmod A7 has exactly that much. It is the only Cmod with extra memory. This memory is 8-bit wide, what limits the BW, so competition for video would be heavy, unless the video buffer is in BRAM.

Cmod A7 is not sharing the GPIO pins with its single PMOD. It is a really nice board. I am looking at it for my own projects with using Astrobe. These ideas are evolving, though very slowly. The 0.5MB is a very attractive option for my projects to hold data tables. Like I said, it is the only Cmod with that much memory.

Wojtek