[Oberon] Re (2): [EXT] Re (2): Installing V4.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Mon Dec 28 19:18:22 CET 2020

From:	"Skulski, Wojciech" <skulski at pas.rochester.edu>
Date:	Mon, 28 Dec 2020 17:18:21 +0000
> Edit.Open Directories.Text under SSW V4 on Windows
>
> I found near the end of that file:
> RelativeDirectory = ".."	(* parent directory *)
> 	| "."	(* current directory *)
> 	| "$".	(* startup directory, contains Oberon executable *)

Thanks.

For other explorers, MM on the *.Text button doesn't show
Directories.Text.  The list there is incomplete.

"Edit.Open Directories.Text" works as you say.  Good!  The display is
at http://easthope.ca/PathsAndDirectories.png with the $ notation
visible.  Also note the garbling of the Examples table. One or more
fonts remain inaccessible?

Another puzzling notation: the paired equilateral triangles.  Similar
to ><.  Likely it's explained somewhere.

Being convinced that V4 is different from ETH Oberon is no problem.
I'll need to spend some hours exploring further to be convinced that
V4 is better.

Regards,                    ... P. L.

--
Tel: +1 604 670 0140            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca