[Oberon] all in one git tree

D EMARD vordah at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 12:17:04 CET 2020

HI

Simple text Interoperability between systems I find as good thing,
also there I find useful converters to make it diffable and gitable.

When formats don't need conversion it saves effort. I got my
FPGA board boot oberon, pclink1 works but won't compile tetris.

How do I solve this? I download another disk image of oberon and
if I find one which fits I'm done. Surely easier than reading a book,
but doesn't feel "right" either.

A standalone system can work well with completely non-ascii
encoding like ebcdic, keyboard raw PS2 scancodes or exotic oberscii
but if once it wants to exchange data over network, conversion of text to
plain ascii seems like a good idea.