[Oberon] LOOP conversion

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Thu Jan 7 07:56:17 CET 2021

Chris:

>How much of your time would you be prepared to invest to learn how to add
>LOOP and multiple EXITs to Wirth's published Project Oberon Oberon-07
>compiler?

I have no idea how to start, so I cannot answer this question.

>If you give a reasonable answer I am prepared to give you (and anybody else
>watching this list) step by step instructions of the approach you can take
>to achieve it.

Please do, but not on the list, but as written PDF document which will be a much better reference. Or perhaps a PowerPoint, which will be even better.

You can send it to the list, but I prefer a regular document over e-mails. It is just more useful.

> As far as compiler modifications go it is relatively straightforward.

How many years of education have you invested before being able to implement the straightforward modification?

I know that Andreas has earned a PhD in this field before he wrote his little compiler. So I am asking seriously.

I should pay back, should I not? I promise to teach you FPGA PCB board design. It will pay handsomely, so please start learning. I already wrote the tutorial. Please download and let me know if you are ready to develop the next Oberon FPGA board, which will definitely help you and others.

The material was written in 2002, but it is still current. The physics did not change.

http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~skulski/Presentations/EE_class.pdf

The page http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~skulski provides a few other goodies as well. Please visit and click on my photo to activate a short video. Enjoy!

Wojtek