[Oberon] Re (2): Oberon V1, V2, S3 working under MS-DOS

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Wed Jan 20 06:54:16 CET 2021

Pablo,

> Sorry Peter for my ugly edition of the wikibook!

Adding DOS Oberon is a good idea, thanks.

> ... sandbox on Wikipedia

You have a sandbox in each project.  Wikibooks sandbox and Wikipedia
sandbox are distinct.

A sandbox is very simple.  Log in.  Click on "Sandbox" at the top of
the screen. Type or paste any text.  Click "Show preview" at the
bottom.  View the result. Continue editing or click "Save result" or
click "Cancel".

> Yes, it could be one line for all versions, ...

Done.  Your information remains there in a more spartan form.  The
multiple installation archives are found easily via the one link.  For
instructions, the latest README.TXT is linked.  That includes most of
the material from preceding versions.

The software is cited as the original report by A.R. Disteli.

> I only want to emphasize that are unique V1 and V2 working right
now,

Do the V1 and V2 for DOS Oberon correspond to V1 and V2 for Ceres?
Distinct versioning for distinct systems?  Disteli might explain in
the report.

> unless we'll find Ceres versions

The Oberon sources are available in the original _Project_Oberon_.
You can also see Texts.Mod at
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/V2/Texts.Mod . Other modules can
be added in https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/V2/ ; just some work
for anyone interested.

I can't help with the assembler code for Ceres.  Someone needs to
power up a machine and retrieve it.  Many grants support visiting
professors.  Investigate and find a grant to support a sabbatical at
an institution in the Mountain View area.  Several universities are in
the South Bay Area.  Then you can have access to the Ceres machines at
the CHM and make one of them work.  Building a machine with
wirewrap is also possible.

If the DOS Oberon information in the wikibook is too spartan it can be
expanded. WIth care.

Progress, thanks,                        ... P. L.

--
Tel: +1 604 670 0140            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca