[Oberon] Compiler behaviour for a32 := a8

August Karlstrom fusionfile at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 15:37:10 CET 2021

On 2021-02-01 10:04, Hans Klaver wrote:
> In Oberon-07 str2 := str1 also is possible if s1 and s2 are of
> *different* types, provided their lengths are *equal*. At least that
> is how Wirth's OR compiler behaves; at least one compiler (OBNC)
> still precludes assignment if str1 and str2 are of different types.

This is the reason I wondered if these kind of extensions are documented
and why they exist; I'm no talking about gray areas or unspecified
behavior but the important rules of type compatibility. The next
question is if structural equivalence of arrays in assignments are used
in the PO compiler.

-- August