[Oberon] Re (2): Starting V4.

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Thu Feb 4 18:58:43 CET 2021

>> Do not forget the command line parameters which are also a form of
>> configuration.

>Acknowledged; but must the user execute them interactively at each
>boot up?  Can commands be executed automatically when the system
>boots?

Under Windows, yes. The command line is put into a field in the desktop icon. It is executed when you double click on the icon.

In order to change the parameters, right click on the Windows icon and select Properties. You can then change the command line. The example is attached. It starts V4 in a reduced window size.

Note that resizing this window after it has started is not supported, as far as I know. If you want to use a reduced size, you need to start V4 with that size.

Also note that the small window size leads to cutting some of the text in System.Tool, because wrapping around is not provided if the text line is longer than the width of the viewer. Horizontal scrolling is not provided either. It is a minor flaw, but worth noticing if you want to use a small V4 window size.

W.