[Oberon] _Compiler_Construction_ by Niklaus Wirth

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Sun Feb 7 22:10:55 CET 2021

Thanks. I've just re-read Hanspeter Mössenböck's article: "Compiler
Construction - The Art of Niklaus Wirth".

The abstract states: "This paper tries to collect some general principles
behind his work. It is not a paper about new compilation techniques but a
reflection about Wirth's way to write compilers."

It has many useful tips for prospective compiler designers / writers /
maintainers and answers many questions of the type "Why did he do it that
way?".

You can download a copy from:

https://ssw.jku.at/Research/Papers/Moe00b.html

It was also published as a chapter in the book: The School of Niklaus Wirth
- The Art of Simplicity:

https://www.elsevier.com/books/the-school-of-niklaus-wirth/boszormenyi/978-0
-08-057418-9

or