[Oberon] maxCode limit in ORG

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 8 03:21:18 CEST 2021

    > It‘s indeed arbitrary. Keep in mind: it is in words. So, 8000 means ~32 kByte.
    > It’s generally a bad practice to generate modules bigger than 32 kByte.

Hi Jörg,

As a side comment, module ORG itself - one of the largest modules on
the system  - cannot be extended much without bumping into this 8K limit.
It may not have been intentional, but still, it keeps one from adding complex
features to the language ;-) For example, just for adding back type-bound
procedures (which I now regret), I had to slightly increase the 8K limit.

-ap