[Oberon] In.Real not working

Duke Normandin dukeofpurl at gmx.com
Fri Apr 9 19:22:57 CEST 2021

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 16:55:29 +0100
David Lightfoot <dlightfoot at brookes.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear Duke
> I think you need to call procedure In.Open and Out.Open before
> attempting I/O.
> See page 105 onwards and Appendix C of
> *Programming in Oberon *by Martin Reiser and Niklaus Wirth at
> https://people.inf.ethz.ch/wirth/ProgInOberonWR.pdf

Thanks for the reference! I've been successful using Out.String; Out.Ln; etc without having had to use Out.Open first.

I assumed In.Real; etc would work the same. I'll give it a try!

I should have mentioned that I'm using the Vishaps Oberon Compiler:
https://github.com/vishaps/voc

for no particular reason than that I stumbled on it.

--
Duke Normandin <dukeofpurl at gmx.com>