[Oberon] Re (2): Streams.

Charles Perkins chuck at kuracali.com
Fri Apr 23 00:31:34 CEST 2021

Hi Peter,

I would like to be able to chain commands, where the output of one command
is treated as the input to another command. Something like:

Stream.Do List.File AFile.txt | Lines.Uppercase | Lines.Sort | Lines.Uniq |
Lines.Count

The three above modules (Stream, List, and Lines) would co-operate to list
the number of unique case-insensitive lines in a file. This should be
possible without multitasking or process scheduling -- the Stream.Do
command would merely set the output of each command (a PROCEDURE variable)
to the input of the next with the final output being retained by 'Do' and
written to the system log.

That is what I envision in a Stream module suitable for Project Oberon.
Others may have a different opinion!
Best Regards,
Chuck