[Oberon] Re (2): Re (2): Streams.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Fri Apr 23 01:41:07 CEST 2021

From:	Charles Perkins <chuck at kuracali.com>
Date:	Thu, 22 Apr 2021 15:31:34 -0700
> I would like to be able to chain commands, where the output of one command
> is treated as the input to another command. Something like:
>
> Stream.Do List.File AFile.txt | Lines.Uppercase | Lines.Sort | Lines.Uniq | Lines.Count

OK, thanks.  That gives me some perspective.  I need to read Streams
in Oberon and in A2 again and review use in Mail again.

In the Oberon subsystem of UnixAos, I encountered a limit on the
number of executions of Files.Old().  According to memory, enough
executions froze the system.  Appeared that the limitation came from
Linux. Each execution created a temporary file until a limit was
struck?

That motivates my interest in the use of Files in Streams.

Understanding software (or any technology) retrospectively can be a
challenge.

Thx,                             ... P.

--
VoIP: +1 604 670 0140            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca