[Oberon] Re (n): Resetting a file rider without creating a new stream.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Sun Apr 25 18:47:37 CEST 2021

From:	strohm at ...mail.net
Date:	Sun, 25 Apr 2021 08:53:00 -0400
> A Stream has certain semantics. ... it doesn't reposition ...

OK, I accept that a Stream is not indexable; after a stream is
created, the position on the underlying file is not available for
adjustment.

The Streams modules in ETH Oberon and A2O have Close procedures. I'd
expect Streams.OpenFileReader() and Streams.Close() to be paired.  The
Mail module opens several streams; there is no Close.

Disposal of obsolete streams is left to the garbage collector? If
there is risk of obsolete streams occupying to much memory, I should
invoke garbage collection?

Thx,                          ... P.L.

--
VoIP: +1 604 670 0140            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca