[Oberon] Project Oberon on current 'off-the-shelf' hardware

Chris Burrows cfbsoftware at gmail.com
Mon May 31 06:06:14 CEST 2021

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 12:20 PM Skulski, Wojciech
<skulski at pas.rochester.edu> wrote:

> Paul:
>
> > 2. Software route: check using a real operating system that provides raw
> > SD-card access in a straightforward way (ie not Windows) that at byte
> > offset 10000400 (hex) into the disk you have 8D A3 1E 9B
> > (FileDir.DirMark) and at 10000800 you have xx xx 00 E7 (jump to Modules
> > body of the inner core).
>
> Is there a document available with the detailed description of the SD layout down to this level? Chapter 7 of PO.System.pdf does not seem to provide this information despite being very detailed otherwise. Is the SD card description available either on your website or elsewhere?
>
> Thank you,
> Wojtek

Wojtek

I'm not aware of any of the existence of any additional documents
regarding the filesystem. However, a lengthy discussion on this
mailing list with more implementation details is available:

Subject: RISC.img Format
Paul Reed, 13 Feb 2016
http://lists.inf.ethz.ch/pipermail/oberon/2016/008881.html

Regards,