[Oberon] Copy or reinstall A2?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 15:14:05 CEST 2021

I have been trying to get an OS/2 laptop up and running recently, but
I have totally failed. I can't get any CD image to boot on my Thinkpad
W500.

On my previous try, it did boot OK on my old Thinkpad X200, but I
could not sort out disk partitioning... so I made that machine into my
A2 and Haiku test machine.

So I am now wondering whether to try to move my existing A2 & Haiku
installations from the old machine to the new, or reinstall them.

Haiku was easy, but installing A2 was excruciating, which is why I
don't really want to do it again. I could not get an image on USB to
boot, and the machine has no optical drive to use. In the end, I
created a VirtualBox VM but pointed it at a real physical disk
partition and installed it that way, which worked a treat.

Does anyone know of a way to copy an A2 disk partition from one
machine to another? Or failing that, has anyone any installation tips
for me? At least the W500 does have a working DVD drive, so I could
use actual physical media...

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com