[Oberon] Copy or reinstall A2?

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Mon Jul 19 01:49:22 CEST 2021

Liam,

From:	Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com>
Date:	Sun, 18 Jul 2021 15:14:05 +0200
> I can't get any CD image to boot on my Thinkpad W500.

In the past, an A2 running on another system could be used to build a
bootable installer image. Roughly five years ago an image was built
successfully in LinuxA2. That was used to install A2 on a bare 32 bit
desktop.  The resulting A2 worked and the method should still work.
At worst there will be some low level troubleshooting.

The method is more powerful now.  Create a local working copy of the
SVN repository.  That will contain executables for ARM, Linux and
Windows. Further details here.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/A2#The_A2_Repository

Will be interesting to know the outcome.

Regards,                       ... P.L.

--
48.7693 N, 123.3053 W
tel: +1 604 670 0140