[Oberon] Erratic Mouse Behaviour in A2

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Wed Jul 21 15:32:40 CEST 2021

From:	Treutwein Bernhard <Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE>
Date:	Wed, 21 Jul 2021 12:54:59 +0000
> In my Linux32/a2 "installation" my mouse behaves erratically, cursor
> jumps. Connecting the same mouse to  Windows 10 and using Win64/a2
> work without problems.

Bernhard,
(1) Does the pointer move when the mouse is not touched?  I'd expect
that to be a software bug or hardware defect.  A few problems appeared
to creep in with the renaming of numeric types.
http://cas.inf.ethz.ch/news/1

(2) Alternatively, is there a delay between moving the mouse and
moving the pointer? The phenomenon occurs here at times.  A limitation
of the implementation; the machine is temporarily too busy to update
the pointer?

Regards,                         ... P.L.

--
48.7693 N, 123.3053 W
tel: +1 604 670 0140