[Oberon] A new dialect? Oberon+ (OBX)

Oleg N. Cher allot at bk.ru
Sun Jul 25 19:28:22 CEST 2021

Diego Sardina пишет:

> This is not a dialect but a whole new language.
> The author should use a new name, not Oberon.
> He implemented all those features that programmers love, ignoring all
> implications they may cause.

I totally agree with you, Diego.

Fashionable templates, lower case of keywords - all this suggests bad
habits. It is commendable that Oberon was taken into work, but the
author answered the question for himself: what will happen if I supply
Oberon with new-fangled features?

I only liked the absence of ";" between operators - the source code
looks a little cleaner. Perhaps I will take this decision in my own
Oberon dialect, but I must first figure out how to implement it as
painlessly as possible on OP2 compiler. Apparently, only simple edits in
OPS will not do - there are a lot of checks for presence ";" in other
places of the compiler.

--
Oleg N. Cher