[Oberon] Re (2): Re (2): Accessibility of FPGA configuration to V5 system.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Mon Jul 26 06:31:18 CEST 2021

From:	Michael Schierl <schierlm at gmx.de>
Date:	Sat, 24 Jul 2021 19:29:45 +0200
> It would be possible to build a RISC machine that can change while the
> OS is running. The current version does not provide that capability.

Very helpful clarification.  Thanks.  The idea of changing the machine
during operation seemed relevant to a specific problem.  Probably
better to address entirely in software.  The problem isn't Oberon
specific but if there is an interest I can explain more.

From:	"Skulski, Wojciech" <skulski at pas.rochester.edu>
Date:	Sat, 24 Jul 2021 18:53:47 +0000
> ... first spend a couple weeks reading the official FPGA data sheets
> and User Guides for different aspects of the FPGA, followed by a few
> weeks of reading the vendors' fora, ...

Appealing and I don't doubt the value but Andr Fischer has given
permission to put his Oberon Tutorial in the wikibook and that is my
current effort.

Regards,                                 ... P.L.

--
48.7693 N 123.3053 W
tel: +1 604 670 0140