[Oberon] A new dialect? Oberon+ (OBX)

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 15:56:07 CEST 2021

On Tue, 27 Jul 2021 at 00:51, Chris Burrows <cfbsoftware at gmail.com> wrote:

> He certainly was here - he posted some 30-odd messages in 2020 e.g.
>
> http://lists.inf.ethz.ch/pipermail/oberon/2020/013810.html
>
> However, he has been quiet this year.

He got straight back to me -- in an HTML-formatted email -- saying
that he found the old technology of the ETH list to be annoying and it
cluttered his inbox, so he quit.

It makes me wonder if he knows about email filters, folders and so on... :-(

Anyway, he said he did not want to rejoin the list, he read this
discussion and sees no real problems being raised, and that if anyone
wanted to raise bugs or even discuss issues, they were welcome to do
so on Github. :-(

I found it a very off-putting and dispiriting response, TBH.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com