[Oberon] Another Project Oberon RISC emulator

Frederik Zipp fzipp at gmx.de
Wed Sep 15 19:27:08 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I ported Peter De Wachter’s Project Oberon RISC emulator [1] to Go:
https://github.com/fzipp/oberon <https://github.com/fzipp/oberon>

There are two variants:

1) cmd/oberon-emu: A pure Go version which starts a server that uses WebSockets to communicate with a web browser HTML canvas as a display as well as for keyboard and mouse input.

2) cmd/oberon-emu-sdl: A version based on Cgo+SDL, which requires libsdl2 development files to build.

I also ported Niklaus Wirth’s Project Oberon RISC compiler to Go:
https://github.com/fzipp/oberon-compiler <https://github.com/fzipp/oberon-compiler>

I did it for self-educational purposes, to read and understand Wirth's original source code carefully. Additionally, I found it useful to have a compiler that runs outside the target system, so I could develop code in an environment that is more familiar to me before transferring it to the target system.

Best regards,
Frederik

[1] https://github.com/pdewacht/oberon-risc-emu