[Oberon] Wanted: Oberon Syntax in TextMate, Sublime Text or Atom Grammar

Michael Schierl schierlm at gmx.de
Sat Jan 1 14:59:07 CET 2022

Hello Colby,

Am 11.08.2020 um 17:11 schrieb Colby Russell:

> "If you or anyone you know wants to take over this extension (or
> start your own with the same name and have me de-list this one from the
> VSCode gallery), then let me know."

I've built my own Oberon extension based on yours, and added "*.Mod.txt"
as glob pattern, as well as updated the grammar file and language
definition (automatic indentation after certain keywords, for example).
I also added support for (optionally) calling out to an LSP Server for
semantic highlighting, folding, definition/references and compile error
reporting.

I also wrote an LSP server in Java which embeds an Oberon RISC Emulator
and runs a slightly patched version of ORP in it (either the original
version, Andreas' Extended Oberon or Andreas' Oberon Retro Compiler).
The LSP server can either run in a cached mode where it scans the
workspace folders and caches the compilation results, or in a non-cached
mode where it only tracks open files but recompiles them on-the-fly
(which means that finding references is faily limited, but jumping to
definitions works well). The non-cached mode has also been tested with
Eclipse as LSP client.

If you look at the source, you will see various mentions of A2; however,
my current A2 Language Server is still in its infancies and not ready to
be published yet (and no promises that it will happen).

All of this is available at
<https://github.com/schierlm/OberonEmulator/releases/tag/lspserver-0.1>

The patches to the Oberon compiler are available at

<https://github.com/schierlm/Oberon2013Modifications/tree/master/LanguageServerProtocolHelper>

I did not bother publishing the .vsix to the Marketplace, but if people
would prefer having it there and your version delisted, I can certainly
try publishing it there, too.

Regards,

Michael