[Oberon] How to write this program in Oberon-07?

Pablo Cayuela pablo.cayuela at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 17:52:27 CET 2022

Yes Ala'a Mohammad, there are not less than three main versions of BlackBox
Component Builder/Pascal:

Core version: http://www.zinnamturm.eu/downloads.htm
Center versions:
https://blackboxframework.org/index.php?cID=goto-download-page,en-us

The ones at https://blackbox.oberon.org/download also have the linux native
version that is a work in progress, not so thoroughly tested as the version
for MS Windows.
One of the versions for linux have floating independent windows opened for
every document, right now that is bbcb-1.8~b1.166 (both installable or
portable).
The other new version for linux has tabs instead of windows or viewers
inside the program window, this is bbcb2-2.0~a1 (both versions).

For MS Windows bbcb-1.8-b1.166 has windows inside the program window; and
BlackBox-2.0-a1.039 that has tabs instead of windows inside the program
window.

The latest versions are mainly developed by a group of Russian researchers
that use them at schools, colleges, universities and personal and
commercial applications throughout all of Russia. They are a great
community, maybe the largest both organized and interested in Oberon right
now. BlackBox is just one of the projects that they are maintaining.
Here it is a compendium of more groups and projects around Oberon, not only
the Russian ones:
https://oberon.org/en

Best regards,
Prof Pablo Cayuela
Argentina

El mar., 25 de enero de 2022 11:53, Ala'a Mohammad <amalawi at gmail.com>
escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I do not want to start multiple rabbit holes. But here I go. There is
another version of BlackBox which is based on the 'Base' from the link
given. Its url is https://blackbox.oberon.org/. I did not dig deeper, since
I already have invested time in other one, but it is on my 'explore' list.
> One clear distinction is the multiple documents as multiple windows (in
contrast to the BlackBox at https://blackboxframework.org/ , which has the
multiple documents inside one Window).