[Oberon] Wiznet W5500 code for Oberon System[?]

Michael Schierl schierlm at gmx.de
Sat Mar 12 16:34:21 CET 2022

Hello Jörg,

Am 12.03.2022 um 16:10 schrieb Jörg:
> I‘m a little bit further than Paul :-)
> I have
> - Timers.Mod
> - W5500.Mod
> - IP.Mod
> - UDP.Mod
> - TCP.Mod
> - DNS.Mod
> - DHCP.Mod
>
> But the code is not polished / documented.

I believe this is still the same feature list as it was in April 2018.
Perhaps if you don't find time to polish it, just publish "AS IS WITHOUT
WARRANTY" and let others polish it?

If I recall correctly, the WizNetTest module I wrote about 2 years ago
was tested against your implementation and it worked.

<https://github.com/schierlm/oberon-risc-emu-enhanced/tree/wiznet/Mods/wiznet>

This branch also contains a fork of Peter's emulator with emulated
network support inside (not Wiznet but a paravirtual one). But that all
predates the Hardware Enumerator and maybe it would be a good idea to
jointly publish a version of the Oberon modules that utilizes the
hardware enumerator to decide whether it runs on a real WizNet or on an
emulated network and acts accordingly?

Regards,

Michael