[Oberon] ALU 2015 and 2018

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Fri May 13 14:00:31 CEST 2022

  > And of course, comments are never to be trusted. As Prof. Wirth says, the programs
  > themselves "alone contain the ultimate explanations."
  >
  > Cheers,
  > Paul

Very true. And more: A misplaced comment can do more harm than good.

Which is why I too tend to stick to the “minimalistic comment, but thorough
documentation” philosophy.

It has an additional benefit that is often overlooked: The act of writing sharpens
the thinking and forces one to think much more thoroughly about the code.

Writing correct code is already demanding enough, but writing publishable (!)
code is exacting!