[Oberon] Re (3?): Identities of releases.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Tue Jun 14 20:59:05 CEST 2022

From:	Michael Schierl <schierlm at gmx.de>
Date:	Thu, 9 Sep 2021 21:20:09 +0200
> Codenames are a different story, but I would not use "alpha" or "beta"
> as a codename for a release, just because it can be confused with the
> software release phases.

"2.3.7" has replaced "2003-01-05" and "Alpha" in the headings.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/ETH_Oberon#Module_Sources

The history has links to the earlier revisions of the page.
https://en.wikibooks.org/w/index.php?title=Oberon/ETH_Oberon&action=history

https://en.wikibooks.org/w/index.php?title=Oberon/ETH_Oberon&oldid=4002851#Module_Sources_in_ETH_Oberon,_PC-Native
is one of the earlier revisions with the date and "Alpha".

The latest is better?  Tolerable?  Will a footnote mentioning that
2.3.7 was annotated as alpha help? Don't bother mentioning "alpha"?

I'm still curious about the syntax of 2.3.6 and 2.3.7.  Anyone have an
explanation or idea?  Anyone encountering Pieter Muller these days?
Certainly he can explain.

Thx,                               ... P.L.

--
mobile: +1 778 951 5147
  VoIP: +1 604 670 0140