[Oberon] File naming again.

Joerg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Sun Apr 2 21:06:50 CEST 2023

Peter

my 2cents:
The original Oberon FS doesn’t support folders; it’s basically flat. However to group files, I personally use the dot syntax
PO.Kernel.Mod
PO.TextFrames.Mod
jr.Kernel.Mod
jr.Out.Mod
jr.RandomNumbers.Mod
jr.SNTP.Mod
jr.TextFrames.Mod

On my system, the original files of ProjecOberon start with „PO.“ All my files start with the prefix „jr.“. I use the dot notation to kind of mimicking folders.

If the Oberon OS is not native but runs on top of other OSes that support folders, you could put the originals in folder „PO“ and my files in folder „jr“
Then, the absolute filename is PO/Kernel.Mod or jr/Kernel.Mod

br
Jörg