[Oberon] New to Oberon

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 10:14:39 CEST 2023

Am 18.06.23 um 10:01 schrieb Till Oliver Knoll:
> And I am sure you will quickly receive more answers where to get
> started on this list :)

Now I got curious and did some research on my own:

* https://github.com/solbjorg/oberon-riscv - this is the "virtual RISC
CPU" implementation I was talking about

(Now this doesn't seem to be suitable to run Oberon "out of the box" on
any common operating system - but perhaps you'll find further links to
actual Oberon distributions)

* http://projectoberon.net/ - this seems to be a "collection" of
specifications and perhaps also actual implementations

* https://archiveos.org/oberon/ - another (possible) implementation that
you can actually download and run

* https://schierlm.github.io/OberonEmulator/ - and the web wouldn't be
the web as we know it if you couldn't run everything "in your browser"

   - e.g. this one:
https://schierlm.github.io/OberonEmulator/emu.html?image=MinimalDiskImage&mem=1&dismem=96&width=1024&height=576

*
https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/oberon+cab+sauv+napa+valley+county+north+coast+california+usa/2013
- if all else fails: why not chill with some "Oberon Cabernet Sauvignon"
wine from 2013 (seriously, I just stumbled over this myself ;))

Again, others will probably give you more resources how to install
Oberon on a current operating system.

Best, Oliver