[Oberon] Re (2): Git usage for A2.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Fri Jun 23 04:19:34 CEST 2023

Michael,

Thanks for your very helpful reply.  Documents for git and for git-lfs
being separate adds to the difficulty.

For the Oberon-A2 world, I'm working on documentation here.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/A2#Git_in_a_Unix-like_System
Far from complete and several questions to answer.

From:	Michael Schierl <schierlm at gmx.de>
Date:	Thu, 22 Jun 2023 23:06:29 +0200
> ... assuming you have set your default remote.

After finding https://git-scm.com/docs/git-remote I wonder
why git clone https://gitlab.inf.ethz.ch/felixf/oberon.git
works before
git remote add https://gitlab.inf.ethz.ch/felixf/oberon.git

>From a little reading, the large file repository is separate from the
git repository.

> git lfs fetch -I Linux64.zip origin main
> git lfs checkout

fetch brings a large file to my large file repository whereas checkout
makes the large file available in the git repository?

Thanks,                          ... P.L.

-
mobile: +1 778 951 5147
VoIP:   +1 604 670 0140