[Oberon] New to Oberon

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 17:06:58 CEST 2023

On Sun, 25 Jun 2023 at 12:27, Chris Burrows <cfbsoftware at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is the original response:
>
>  https://lists.inf.ethz.ch/pipermail/oberon/2022/016527.html

Yes indeed. That is what stung me, and as a friendly, interested 3rd
party who wants to give more coverage to the language and the family,
I found it a bit hurtful to read.

I am trying to help here. To be curtly told "no, that is wrong" is not
a response that inspires someone to put more effort in. While one is
reeling a bit from that, to get:

> I will be happy to respond to any additional questions that you may have, via this mailing list,

Frankly makes me feel "oh, OK, these folks do not want to talk to me,
do not want me to write about it and are not interested in helping."

Which is why I dropped the matter.

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/LinkedIn: lproven ~ Skype: liamproven
IoM: (+44) 7624 277612: UK: (+44) 7939-087884
Czech [+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal]: (+420) 702-829-053