[Oberon] Emulator on Mac (was: New to Oberon)

cs sapien cs.sapien at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 15:54:29 CEST 2023

Hi,

The binary and building work as expected, but will segfault if Homebrew (a
popular third-party package manager) is installed.  Setting
$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to "/usr/lib" fixed the issue.  This appears to be
caused by Homebrew overriding system libraries, so it's not a bug in the
emulator.  Note that this seems to trigger when SDL tries to draw on the
screen, hitting the overridden code.

System
------
CPU: Apple M1 Pro
RAM: 32 GB
OS: macOS Ventura 13.3.1
Homebrew 4.0.28

Thank you for your time and work on this magnificent system.

Sincerely,
Cameron Shortt