[Oberon] New to Oberon

Stuff Received stuff at riddermarkfarm.ca
Thu Jul 20 16:32:06 CEST 2023

On 2023-06-19 15:28, Peter Matthias wrote:
> Am 19.06.23 um 17:19 schrieb Stuff Received:
>
>> Has anyone run Oberon on Solaris 11/sparc?
>
> You can try Project Oberon/Java for the JVM currently being in
> development by me.
> http://oberon.wikidot.com/project-oberon-java

Thank you, Peter.  That will definitely go into my investigation stack.

In the meantime, I contacted Hanspeter Moessenboeck to inquire after the
loader code of the Solaris/Sparc version of Linz V4.  He graciously
informed that Oberon is no longer supported by Linz and suggested that I
contact Josef Templ, who is the original author of the Solaris Sparc
version.  I contacted Josef Templ on 2023-06-30 but have yet to receive
a reply.

In the interim, the ETHZ distribution does contain the loader code.  I
compiled that and the system comes up on Solaris Sparc (remotely over
X).  I shall investigate further in the coming weeks.

Sincerely,
S.