[Oberon] Variants table.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Wed Nov 22 19:28:48 CET 2023

Chris Burrows cfbsoftware at gmail.com, Sat Oct 21 05:41:23 CEST 2023
> A language called Oberon 90  / Oberon-90 never existed as such. The
> names are simply recent unofficial pseudonyms / aliases for the
> original version of Oberon which underwent several revisions in the
> period from 1986 to 1990:
>
> https://people.inf.ethz.ch/wirth/projects.html

System Variants is consolidated into one table again with source language
noted in table subheadings.  Visually more uniform and tolerable, to me at least,
on a small mobile screen.

Footnote 1 has a link to Oberon 90.  Further comments welcome.

> The differences between the latest 1990 version of *Oberon* and its
> later (1991) superset, *Oberon-2*, are explained in the document
> titled "Differences between Oberon and Oberon-2" by Hanspeter
> Mössenböck, the primary designer of those changes. You can download
> the document from
>
> https://doi.org/10.3929/ethz-a-000589808

The ETH bibliography has links Moe91 and MoW91a to that.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/authors#M

I've taken the liberty of incorporating your sentence in footnote 1.
If you prefer not, please let me know.

Further comments welcome.

Thanks,                    ... P.L.

--