[Oberon] *****SPAM***** Re: *****SPAM***** Re: Oberon-2 type bound procedure scope

August Karlstrom fusionfile at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 22:26:58 CET 2023

On 2023-12-12 10:02, Diego Sardina wrote:
[...]
>...however since then only strictly local and strictly global objects are available to a procedure.

Indeed, this has been confirmed by Niklaus Wirth. For instance I asked
him about the validity of the following procedure:

	PROCEDURE P;
	   TYPE T = INTEGER;

	   PROCEDURE Q(x: T): T;
	   RETURN 0
	   END Q;
	END P;

His reply was "You are right. Your procedure Q should be diagnosed in
error."

As mentioned before, the Project Oberon 2013 compiler does not fully
conform to the language report. I don't know if it's due to lack of time
to make the changes to the compiler or if he want's the implementation
to be different.

August