[Oberon] Niklaus Wirth

John Stout cuspcomputers at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 22:14:29 CET 2024

I was so sad to hear of Professor Wirth's death. Buying a copy of his
Algorithms + Data Structures = Programs when I started programming in the
70s started me on my personal life in Computing.

Certainly I wouldn't have my first teaching job  (Computing A-level using
Pascal with 16-18 year olds) without his influence. I had 5 copies of the
book so I could lend copies to interested students without the danger of
losing my original.

Oberon will remain a delightful monument to Professor Wirth and his work.

John Stout