[Oberon] Re (2): Oberon Digest, Vol 238, Issue 7

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Tue Mar 19 16:35:50 CET 2024

Hello Daniel,

From:	Daniel Schmid <daniel.schmid at bluemail.ch>
Date:	Tue, 19 Mar 2024 09:51:31 +0100
> Now i have to excuse not to have mentioned that in Debian it's the
> Linux64 version (or Linux32 on 32bit cpu) of Active Oberon one should
> select, do not know what is the state of UnixAOS (maybe outdated).

Understood.  Thanks.  Since the change from SVN to Git I haven't made
a serious attempt to use A2.

Working with UnixAos in the past, a self-iinflicted difficulty was to
leave an existing Configuration.XML when installing a new A2.  In a
few instances that prevented the new release from working properly.
Now I know to try a new UnixAos with the distributed Configuration.XML
before adding my adjustments.

When there is time, will clone the Git archive and try A2 from that.

Thanks,                          ... P.L.

--
VoIP:   +1 604 670 0140
work: https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/User:PeterEasthope