[Oberon] Re (2): [EXT] Re: Univ. Linz Oberon collection

Ruben Schuller mail at rbn.im
Wed May 22 00:26:22 CEST 2024

Hi Peter,

2024-05-21 peter at easthope.ca:

> > ... would really be a shame if the work that has been done is lost.
> >

> Exactly my thinking years ago and it motivated me to start the
> wikibook.

I don't have very much spare time to explore Oberon, but the wikibook is
a great resource.

> > License permitting, things should be archived at archive.org or
> > maybe on wikimedia, as the book is also hosted there.
>
> A source as HTML is readily available to a novice.  Wiki editing
> allows correction of a bug.

Indeed! I was thinking of the software, things linked to in the book.
Most is found on Sourceforge or GitHub, so it's not a pressing matter.
I do wonder how many things are living on FTP servers (or something
alike) though.

> I regret not having more time for the wikibook.

I'm grateful that people work on things like you do on the wikibook at
all! :)

Kind Regards
Ruben