[SCION] SCION User AS

Juan A. García-Pardo juan.garcia at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Apr 25 20:22:53 CEST 2022

Hi Dheeraj,

> Is it possible to connect two User AS directly ?

Yes.

> Or is it possible to have a peer link between them (even if they are
> connected to a parent node) ?

There is currently no support for peering links in our reference
implementation.

> Can this be done by ourselves ?

Yes. Let me explain the procedure.
Let's have A and B as two user ASes. They are both connected to an
attachment point, it is not important which one or even whether it is the
same for both A and B or two different attachment points.
Since we cannot connect A and B with a peering link, we have to establish a
customer-provider relationship between A and B. Let's say that A provides
connectivity for B.
In this case we will have to manually edit both topology files and disable
updates from the coordinator. This means that changes done via web to the
user ASes will not be automatically reflected in said user ASes.
If this is okay with you, please send the topology files and I will try to
edit them for you and send them back to you.
Best regards,

Juan A.