[Equal] Call for Participants Gender Equality Workshop

manya.hendriks at ibme.uzh.ch manya.hendriks at ibme.uzh.ch
Tue Jan 30 10:52:22 CET 2018

INVITATION: Career & Gender Equality Workshop @UZH 22./23.03.2018  Are  you an early career researcher (PhD or Postdoc level) working in an  interdisciplinary field aiming to learn how to boost your career and how  to overcome existing (gender) inequalities in academia? #metoo - the time to speak up is NOW!
 We  are three young female researchers ourselves, establishing our  international careers in the fields of bioethics and addiction research,  knowing that the academic struggles are real! However,  instead of accepting the status quo, we believe that we can make a  change. As a starting point, we have invited many inspiring women in  science, business, and politics to benefit from their experiences and  mentoring skills.
 This is a unique interdisciplinary gathering and we would like to warmly invite you to participate in our workshop titled “Gender Equality? Promoting the Careers of Young Researchers in an  Interdisciplinary Field” held at the University of Zurich on 22./23.03.2018.  The workshop is generously sponsored by the Graduate Campus of the  University of Zurich and participation will be rewarded with 1 ETCS point.
 Please find the preliminary program and the full call for participants here, and submit your application to equality at ibme.uzh.ch by  18.02.2018. Both female and male participants are strongly encouraged to apply.  Feel free to forward this invitation to all colleagues who might be  interested as well, and contact us if you have any questions regarding  the workshop.
 We look forward to meeting you in Zurich soon!
 Kind regards,
 Manya, Mirriam, and Larissa