[Equal] Advertisement - UNIL Assistant Professor (tenure track) of interactions between atmospheric and Earth surface processes

Sabine Kradolfer sabine.kradolfermorales at unil.ch
Mon Sep 23 17:59:41 CEST 2019

*Assistant Professor (tenure track) of interactions between atmospheric
and Earth surface processes*

The Faculty of Geosciences and the Environment (FGSE) of the University
of Lausanne invites applications for a professorship on the interactions
between atmospheric and Earth surface processes, to be based in the
Institute of Earth Surface Dynamics (IDYST).

We are looking for an atmospheric scientist in the broad fields of
anthropogenic climate change, decadal and centennial-scale variability.
We are particularly interested in candidates who can bring an
understanding of local and regional climate impacts on Earth and
Environmental processes, and the proxies used to study them. We seek
someone who has a deep understanding of physical climate processes
through modeling, observations and/or theory. This position is
envisioned to bridge across emerging topics and expertise within the
climate change dimension. Engagement in interdisciplinary projects with
the social sciences and humanities is encouraged.

The successful candidate will actively participate in the research
activities of the Institute of Earth Surface Dynamics, will teach in the
Bachelor of Geosciences and Environment and Masters programs taught by
the FGSE, and will supervise masters and doctoral students.

Appointment will be at the Assistant Professor level (tenure track).
However, exceptionally, we will consider outstanding candidates for
direct appointment to the Associate or Ordinary Professor level, notably
if this corresponds with our equal opportunity objectives.

The application should include a cover letter (max. 1 page), a full
Curriculum Vitae, a research statement (max. 4 pages), a teaching
statement (max. 2 pages), PDFs of the three most significant
publications and a statement on the personal contribution to each, and
the names and contact information of five referees. For further
information, contact Prof. Frédéric Herman, Dean of the FGSE
(frederic.herman at unil.ch).

*Application deadline: September 30 th, 2019

(23:59 Swiss time GMT+1)*

The application in PDF must be shared in several document not bigger
than 9.9 MB and will be considered only if sent through this website
where you find a full description of the position: https://bit.ly/32fBMXW
or www.unil.ch/central/en/home.html  -> Jobs -> search Atmospheric

--
Equality Officer
National Center of Competence in Research LIVES