Re (2): [Oberon] Identify Calling Command

muller at inf.ethz.ch muller at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Aug 22 20:09:21 CEST 2002

> Thanks a lot, Pieter,
> that's exactly what I need. I need it for the following: consider the Procedure

Reading the following description, it seems you'll also need the procedure
name, not just the module PC offset.

It seems that your calling procedure is always going to be a command,
so you could run through the mod.cmds (in Kernel.ModuleDesc) array to
look for the matching command in the module descriptor, based on its
.adr field.  The .adr field stores the entry point of the command
procedure, so you'll have to search for the next lower address in the
array, based on the return address from the procedure.  Hope you follow
what I'm trying to say, otherwise I could be more explicit :-)

-- Pieter

--
Pieter Muller, Computer Systems Institute, ETH Zurich / MCT Lab, Zurich
Native Oberon OS: http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/native/