Re (4): [Oberon] Win32 Plugin Oberon, status report II

Douglas G. Danforth danforth at greenwoodfarm.com
Thu Mar 20 18:33:52 CET 2003

John Drake wrote:
> That reminds me, it seems that we need a
> better way to keep source synched across
> builds.  At the very least if the compiler
> files were kept in a seperate Zip archive
> and there was a weblink saying "click here
> for the latest Intel compiler"?  Or perhaps
> something more sophisticated that updated
> each system source file (Plugin, Native,
> Linux)?  I don't know.  There's got to
> be a better way than trial and error.

I has long struck me that a missing element of all Oberon systems is
consideration of upgrades/versions.  COM (somewhat) solves this problem
by simply having all components wired to specific other dependent
components.  Each new version is a completely different thing.

I don't have an Oberon solution but would think this would be a good
Ph.D. dissertation for ETH.

-Doug