[Oberon] System degeneration ?

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Wed Mar 3 03:46:53 CET 2004

Are systems breaking down:
   ethz - oberon servers reported ooo ?
   reports of 40% net traffic consumed by spam ?

Is forced obsolesence making previously well functioning sytems
unusable ?

Under n-o [ver Oct 2001] I  get the trap-trace [included below]
for eg. Desktops.OpenDoc "
http://www.csmonitor.com/cgi-bin/redirect.pl?printEdition"

Perhaps there's a new 'update' to all web-pages which my 'old'
 system can't handle ?
 Or did I cause the error in incrementally modifying Oberon.Text ?
eg. I've been able to extend the file-extention types downloadable
by adding some lines/entries eg:-
 MIME = {
	"application/msword" = ""
	"text/plain" = doc
	"application/wordperfect5.1" = ""
	"text/plain" = wp
	"text/plain" = wpd
	"text/plain" = pdf
	"image/gif" = gif
	"image/jpeg" = jpg

Yes obviously, I should test with the 'original saved version'.
But this won't work, since a hack was needed when my new ISP
allocated me a pasword containing the [unexpected to the n-o
design] "@" character.

I'd appreciate any advice to avoid having to debug this trap:

== Chris Glur.

TRAP -14  NIL reference ( 00000014H ) (PC Native 11.10.2001)
HTMLImages.ImgIcon  PC = 5551
	key = 15
	keyAttr = "IMGKey"
HTMLImages.IMG  PC = 7583