[Oberon] Re. HyperDocs.Tool

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Sat Mar 20 10:11:28 CET 2004

Peter E. wrote:-

> As Edgar noted, in case HyperDocs.Tool is ever
> updated, it might list two instances of Fetch.
>
> HyperDocTools.Fetch Local.Doc ~	Download the selected link to Local.Doc.
> HyperDocTools.Fetch Doc => Local.Doc ~	Download Doc to Local.Doc.
>
> Also, Chris G., about a month ago you mentioned
> a trap from "Desktops.OpenDoc http://...".  Try
> "Desktops.OpenDoc http://www.debian.org".
> Head of trap is appended.  Is this another font
> problem as you mentioned months ago.  Any
> connection to your trap?
>

> ===================================
> TRAP 7  Index out of range (PC Native 05.01.2003)
> HTMLDocs.WriteCharRef  PC = 17182
> 	P =  00492880H
> 	S =  00000010H
> 	entity = ""
===================================
Using:  Desktops.OpenDoc ^   on
http://www.debian.org
 produced just the 2 top lines and 'under-line token'
and them it trapped:-
TRAP -14  NIL reference ( 00000014H ) (PC Native 11.10.2001)
HTMLImages.ImgIcon  PC = 5551
	key = 13
	keyAttr = "IMGKey"
HTMLImages.IMG  PC = 7583
	C =  00000018H
	E =  0033B920H
	P =  001A40A0H
	S =  000000A8H
	alt = ""
	attr = ""
	battr =  00000000H
--------------
By contrast,
 http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/
loaded right up to:
"...
Comments and suggestions are welcome,
Peter E."
Which I guess is the whole text ?!
And then produced the
TRAP -14  NIL reference ( 00000014H ) (PC Native 11.10.2001)
HTMLImages.ImgIcon  PC = 5551
	key = 53
	keyAttr = "IMGKey"
HTMLImages.IMG  PC = 7583
	C =  00000018H
	E =  0044EB80H
	P =  0014C7E0H
	S =  000000A8H
	alt = "Valid HTML 4.01!"
	attr = ""
	battr =  00000000H
	border = 0
	doc =  00000000H
--------------
Have you got an 'image' at the end of you web-page ?

I'm guessing that the "00000000H" are the 'NIL references'.

So this looks unrelated to your trap.
Since I'm unaware of any changes that I made to my system, and now
all Desktops.OpenDoc http://... trap, I speculated that a universal
change to ALL http://.. had occured.  Like I'm the only person in the
world still using 486 machines !

BTW, when passing the scrap-heap yesterday, a 586-box jumped at me.
Perhaps with this, *.ps viewing will be tolerable ?
As one who grew up with 8 bit CPUs, I still find it unacceptable to
see CPU's with 'air-conditioners strapped to their back !'.

== Chris Glur.