[Oberon] Bluebottle, screen refresh rate

Stefan Salewski Salewski at PHYSnet.Uni-Hamburg.de
Mon Mar 29 18:41:05 CEST 2004

Am Freitag, 12. März 2004 19:14 schrieb frey at inf.ethz.ch:
> The following small piece of documentation is new in this release.
> It is on the user level.
>
> If you want to do Programming on the GUI, there is WMScribble.Mod
> as an introduction to basic window handling (independant of the
> component system).
> For the new component system you might check ComponentViewer.Mod
> together with FractalDemo.Mod and Notepad.Mod as simple examples.
> For more complex examples, search for "WMComponents" in *.Mod.
>
> --Thomas

Thanks.

Yesterday I have installed
Bluebottle Build of March 12, 2004 (stable release).

I have just configured network connection, started a few demos
(3D-Menu, FractalDemo, Bunny.) It works and looks nice.

I will go on investigating it  and try to understand the
example-programs.

During installation there was no way to select screen resolution and
refresh rate, so display is 1024x768 at 60Hz. With Native-Oberon and
the last release of Bluebottle there was a way to select
1280x1024 at 70Hz using a Vesa3.0-Init-String. Is there still a way to
select a refresh rate of at least 70Hz?

Best regards

Stefan Salewski